Monday, March 14, 2016

Letter on February 29, 2016

Hey Y'all,

Hope you guys all had a good week where ever you are. This week was fun. I tried Balut for the 1st time, and it was actually so good i had another. Balut is the 16 day old egg with the baby chick inside, and with the yolk also. It was like eating an egg, that tasted like a chicken. Wierd at first, but it was good. and my kasama said it is good for the knees.


 Another great thing happened. We had two investigators, joanna and Sunshine, two teenage girls from Suigidan Norte. i didn't think they were going to come, because we only taught them once, but we have been teaching their kapit-bahay for a few weeks. Hopefully they inspire their families to come to church, because that is the biggest challenge for people here in our area. Our purpose is to bring them closer to Christ, and there are a lot of people that are close, but there comes a kind of plateau when you've taught them all the lessons, and it's hard for them to progress. i love them all, but it is said to see them stop reading, or praying. i imagine that is how our Heavenly Father must feel when we become disobedient, or stop doing the things we aught to be doing.


 He is giving us the oppurtuntity for Eternal Progression, if we endure to the end. I'll use track for an example. I hope to be able to improve my times someday, after my mission, but for now, i'm ok with them. But my progression from 6th grade to senior year is dramatic. But what if I stopped at my freshman times? I would have never known what it would have felt like to keep progressing. Not the best example, but I encourage you all tothink about this pricniple that I did so poorly in explaining. Eternal progression. I hope you all have a good week and until next week, Ingat

Elder Miklich

No comments:

Post a Comment