Friday, October 16, 2015

Wassup guys!

I love hearing from you guys! It's awesome to hear about what you guys are doing out there. I'm having a great time here. By small and simple means can great things come to pass. Back in the first week, when gym started, there was only one guy juggling a basketball/volleyball because he kept getting out in speed. (the basketball game) The next thing you know, somebody put out a soccer ball, and then there were like 4 of us in a juggling circle. And now we are having full on 5 vs 5 games. Most of those guys never played soccer but it is still super fun. Many missionaries will probably tell you that the MTC experience is long and boring, and it sometimes is. But what is great about it is that you can see your improvement when your are practicing teaching investigators. 

Me and my companion are getting along pretty good, and there have been a few experiences when I'm trying to follow the Spirit and go the direction He will have me go during the lesson, but I get stuck because I can't remember a scripture or something, but then my companion picks up right where I left off without any communication between us, and then makes the exact commitment or reads the exact verse that I was trying to think of. Way cool. My companion is pretty chill, and our district is like super close. 

The power of the Priesthood is real, and there is work to be done. The language is coming along pretty good. i still have a hard time speaking it but I can mostly understand our investigators when they talk about church stuff. Its going to take work though. I also found out that i'll have to learn a different dialect called Ilokano, but i don't have to learn it, but they speak it a lot up in Baguio so i'm probably going to pick up that to. So cool! Exercise is alright, not as much as I'm used to but i sweat a lot during gym so its all ok. Filipinos are so cool, and super nice! I'm super excited to get out in the field, then you will get more pictures. The days are like personal study, language study, companion study/teach investigators, (we almost have them committed to baptism, (they are just teachers role playing as investigators but they are good actors), language study, language study, gym, eat sleep. 


Ang ebanghelyo ni Jesucristo is true, and don't be afraid to share it. Talk to ya next week!

Elder Miklich




2 comments:

  1. I love this Elder Miklich! So much of how we feel is directed by our attitudes, and you've a got a great one! So excited to hear about when you're out in the field!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Elder Miklich! So much of how we feel is directed by our attitudes, and you've a got a great one! So excited to hear about when you're out in the field!

    ReplyDelete