Thursday, February 4, 2016



Hey Guys!

This has been an awesome week. Lots of going ons here in Naguilian. One thing that happened is that we had exchanges again, I went with our district leader, Elder Richardson. This is his first area too, so we are both pretty new. He is awesome, works really hard. I got to see the fruits of his labors kasi, he really works hard, but he has had only one baptism, 1 more this saturday, but he deserves like 100 talaga. Anywas, I got to meet his investigators in Tuddingan, Casilagan, Gusing areas and they have some legit investigators. One asked how he could become mormon, others just listen so intently, it makes me excited for that area. He leaves next week, but the fruits will still be there. We have been having a hard time lately finding interested investigaotrs, we eventually found some in Suigidan Norte. They are super cool. Anyways, the lesson this time that I've learned is that we won't see the fruits of our labors right away. I'm still here for another like three months, but most of the work we do is planting I think. It is kinda frustrating, and I have faith in our investigators, but the more I learn about this culture, the more I understand them. And they like to take their time with things. It's still awesome being here, doing the work of the Lord, but it isn't easy. I love these people, they are all so nice. I love the Philippines. I love this Church. I love the hope that it gives us to strengthen our faith in order to deal with the many things of life. Til next week, 

Elder Miklich

P.S. This is our district on the back of a jeepney









Hey guys,

This week has been a good one. We found these two new investigators living in Suigidan Norte, and they are like totally prepared. We extended a baptismal invitation, and they answered why not? This was yesterday after church that we found them, so I'm excited to see if they will come next Sunday. One of them wsa even saying how Jehovah's Witness and Iglesia (a pretty big church here in the Philippines) have come to talk to them, and they things they said didn't seem true, but the things we were saying felt right. That was probably the best lesson we had his week, we have a lot of good ones though. My companion and I are finally getting to a point were we can both say stuff without him telling me where we are in the lesson, so people are more impressed with our teaching. I'm still not very good at Tagalog yet. I can say stuff to them, but I have a hard time still when they say stuff to back to me. Anyways, sorry this is a bit short, conti lang ang horas namin. I love being here on a mission, and seeing people want to become a part of this. I love this Church, and Jesus Christ stands at the head of it. 

til next time, 

Elder Miklich

No comments:

Post a Comment