Saturday, January 14, 2017

Email from 11/28/2016:

Hey guys

How was your guys week? ours was alright, full of up and downs. Nothing really out of the ordinary happened that I can remember right now, but when it comes to mind Ill let you know. but based on the overall experiences of the week, Ive been thinking about magnifying our calling. What does it mean to magnify our calling? Why are we given callings? Just some food for the brain. Hope you all have a great week, ingat kayo lahat!

Elder Miklich






ps. here is a poem our mission President sent us. Its pretty good I think youll like it.

My life is but a weaving 

Between my Lord and me; 

I cannot choose the colors 

He worketh steadily. 


Ofttimes He weaveth sorrow 

And I in foolish pride, 

Forget that He seeth the upper, 

And I the under side. 


Not till the loom is silent 

And the shuttles cease to fly, 

Shall God unroll the canvas 

And explain the reason why. 


The dark threads are as needful 

In the Weaver’s skillful hand, 

As the threads of gold and silver 

In the pattern He has planned. 


(In Sourcebook of Poetry, comp. Al Bryant, Grand Rapids, Mich.: Zondervan Publishing House, 1968, p. 664.)






Email from 12/18/2016:

Maligayang pasko sa inyo lahat!

I hope you have a wondrous time of the year this Christmas season. We should all remember why we even have Christmas in the first place. That is sure to bring good thoughts into our minds. This week has been alright, Me and Elder Bautista have been doing alot of finding, lots of hard work, even if there is like nobody in the afternoon. We seen miracles this past week, lots of new people, even some less actives that havent been visited for a while. The work is progressing over here. Just a quick thought for yall, where our time is, that is laso where our heart is. I know that its deep, pero we can figure out what this means. I hope you all have a blessed week, and a happy one 2. 

Elder Miklich

No comments:

Post a Comment