Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Kumusta po kayo! (That means how are you)

The MTC down here in Manila is awesome! There are so many people here from different countries like India, Pakistan, Philippines, Indonesia, America, Australia, New Zealand, Tonga, Samoa, and even a few from Vietnam and Korea I think! Some of the funniest times our district had so far was going around trying to get people to say stuff with an American accent while we tried out theirs. There must be some Aussie in me because I had a guy from Australia thinking I was from Sidney or something like that. Like full on. It was hilarious because when I switched back to American he freaked out. 

Some other different things that I have noticed is that in order to cross the street, just do it. Cars stop and will go around you, but they don't do it with heavy traffic. Driving is insane here. I thought we were going to crash like the whole hour and a half drive from the airport to the MTC. Talk about reflexes. And the driver also told us that it is better to honk if you are going to cut off someone. 1 honk means that you are going left and 2 means you are going right or something like that. It was Awesome! 





The language is weird because everything is backwards. The coolest word I learned so far is pananampalataya, which translates to faith. Anyways, I'm super pumped to be here even though we have had rice for every meal here, except twice, because the work is going forward, and I get to be a part of it!! There are tons of chill guys here that are ready to go and share! The church is true, so let Everyone know it!

Elder Miklich

1 comment:

  1. What a good kid! I hope my boys are as enthusiastic!

    ReplyDelete